[imp] IMP 3.0: Problem with languages

Leena Heino liinu@uta.fi
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 09:17:45 +0200 (EET)

On Tue, 8 Jan 2002, Mike Coughlan wrote:

> Hi Leena,
>
> As you know, there is a known issue with Sun vs GNU gettext.  We painfully
> managed to move onto GNU getetxt.  I've heard of others on the list
> recompiling the .mo files.

I've only used Solaris 8 and Solaris' gettext. I did some further testing
and found a way to make locales work.

It would seem that only way to get locales working in Solaris 8 is:
- You must install to the system the necessary locale directories and
  libraries. If I were to use de_DE locale in IMP 3.0 then I must have
  installed in the system /usr/lib/locale/de_DE/de_DE.so.2
- You must recompile .po files to make new .mo files.

Thanks for all your help and tips for testing the locale in Solaris 8.

--
  -- Leena Heino (liinu@uta.fi)