[imp] IMP 3.0: Problem with languages

Mike Coughlan mcoughlan@gothambroadband.com
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 10:26:45 -0500

Hi Leena,

As you know, there is a known issue with Sun vs GNU gettext.  We painfully
managed to move onto GNU getetxt.  I've heard of others on the list
recompiling the .mo files.

This works on my Sun box. Please try it.

> cd /horde/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES
> strings horde.mo | grep Desc

Describe the Problem
Full Description:
Problem Description

> LANG=de
> export LANG
> TEXTDOMAINDIR=/horde/locale
> export TEXTDOMAINDIR
> gettext horde "Describe the Problem"

Beschreiben Sie das Problem

As I stated before, if TEXTDOMAINDIR does not somehow include your
/horde/locale path, that might cause it to break.  It should be there
however as ./

If you are mixing gettext versions that would kill it too. What gettext did
you compile apache with?

Yes, gettext on Sun can be very painful.