Feedback

Odhiambo Washington wash@wananchi.com
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 20:07:58 +0300

* Jeremiah Ngure <jngure@wananchi.com> [20020109 18:42]: wrote:
> The ping facility is not working

I know about this, only I am also not sure why.

>,tracert is only working for wananchi.com

Will look into it...though it works for any IP address...
I don't know why it fails when given hostname. Still investigating
also ;-)

> and which tool can i use to check whether the email account is active
> otherwise its ok but i dont know the use of finger tool

None of those tools do this. I believe the mail address check only
tries to validate an mail server using the address given.

-Wash

S y s t e m s   A d m i n i s t r a t o r
--

Odhiambo Washington	/"\	RED Ribbon Campaign
Wananchi Online Ltd.,	\ /	Against AIDS.

++
The sum of the Universe is zero.