Virtual domains IMP

Ethy H. Brito ethy@inexo.com.br
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 20:24:02 -0200 (BRST)

Dear Guru

I intend use IMP-3.0 in a virtual domain environment.
The username is in the form "user#domain".
It is working (sort of). But when IMP send an email the user anounces itself as
"user#domain@domain" which is not correct. I do not want to modify the user's
identity of every users or force the user to modify it. Furthermore IMP is
wrongly generating the mail envelope I think due to "#" in the user name.

That said, I would like to patch IMP to extract
"domain" from HTTP_HOST and insert it in username under the form above.
That way the user would login at http://www.domain/hord/imp as "foo" and be
authenticated against IMAP as "foo#domain"
Would you please point me the file(s) to patch?

Regards

Ethy H. Brito         /"\
InterNexo Ltda.       \ /  CAMPANHA DA FITA ASCII - CONTRA MAIL HTML
+55 (12) 3941-6860     X   ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
S.J.Campos - Brasil   / \