Strange IMP/Vmailmgr behavior

Mahlon mahlon@martini.nu
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 15:19:32 -0800

Just cvs'ed the horde 2 framework and imp 3.0.
Grabbed the newest pear libs, and went to town.

Using qmail+courier+vmailmgr.

Everything works *perfectly* with imp - until vmailmgr gets in the mix.

General testing shows:

o    IMAP from a normal MUA (mutt, eudora) works as expected with vmailmgr.

o    IMP works fine to normal system users via IMAP when vmailmgr is off.

When logging into a vmailmgr acct with IMP, I am successfully authed, and
IMP reports new messages - but is unable to display any. For example, when
logging into a mailbox that has 29 messages, IMP reports in the upper
right "Page 2 of 2  -  21 to 29 of 29 messages" - yet it shows no message
list where you'd normally expect to see it.
(checkboxes, from, subjects, etc)
I'd be happy to attach a screenshot if the above description doesn't make
sense, I'm not sure how to describe it past that.

I change courier's auth to standard, and login to a standard system
account, and all is beautiful.

Tried leaving out the folder prefix, setting it to 'INBOX.', 'INBOX', etc.
All results are the same.  (I'd assume that the folder prefix is irrelivant,
since IMP reports the number of new messages found correctly.)

Anyone seen this behavior before?  What's the trick?

Mahlon E. Smith
http://www.martini.nu/