[imp] hierarchies in IMP3

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 11:49:57 -0500

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 05:20:41PM +0100, Philip Steeman wrote:

> I saw in the imp/conf.php file that there was an option:
> $conf['server']['hierarchies'] = ''
>
> If I want to make a shared mailfolder, is this the way to go? What do i
> put between the '' ?
>
> Where in the filesystem is the folder then situated.

>From the comment directly above the quoted option:

// Should we enable any folder hierarchies that aren't shown by
// default? For instance, UW can be configured to serve out #shared/,
// #news/, #ftp/, and #public/ folder hierarchies. Put any of these
// that you want shown into an array entry here.
$conf['server']['hierarchies'] = array();

> I know, a lot of questions, but someone told me that one of the strengths
> of MS-Exchange is the use of public folders. So my question is
> obvious: can I do this with IMP-UW-IMAP?

I'm not sure if uw-imap supports hierarchies (it may), but I know
cyrus does.  It's entirely IMAP server dependent; IMP will
support hierarchies if the server offers them.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Information Technology (2001)