[imp] sql.php patches for Oracle.

Liam Hoekenga liamr@umich.edu
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 18:28:26 -0500

Mike wrote:

> If some clever PHP person can find an appropriate placement for a
> Lowercase() function, I would appreciate it.  As you might guess, my PHP
> skills are nonexistent.
>
> Would the Horde dev team consider this to be a bug in the OCI8 driver?

It seems to me that the problem is that sql is case-insensitive, but the php
code handling the sql isn't.   It expects the sql server to return /x/ in
lowercase.

I too would like to see this resolved.  It's been kinda a pain having to
maintain a local patch to make Oracle work (and it'll only grow more confusing
as HORDE's tablespace grows).  I'm not sure if the Horde stuff has
to change.. I suspect that the change is more appropriately made in the PEAR
oci8 drivers, since this breaks the DB abstraction offered by PEAR, and the
problem is likely to be encounted in other PEAR enabled DB applications.

If we come up with a fix for PEAR, we'll submit it the PEAR group.

Liam