[imp] php --with-imap-ssl

Rene Lund Jensen lundeman@tbkol.dk
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 00:51:53 +0100

> If anyone has this working can you please show me what you did with
> uw-imap?
>
> php-4.1.1
> uw-imap-anything
>
> uw-imap: make bsf SSLTYPE=unix
> php: ./configure --with-imap=/usr/working/imap-2001
> --with-imap-ssl=/usr/local/ssl
>
> this is all that i've seen is supposed to be done.
>
> apache doesn't like this.
>

> apache will work with this, but hordes test.php returns no imap compiled
> into php:
> --with-imap=shared,/usr/working/imap-2001
>

> getting the old: Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/libphp4.so into
> server: /usr/local/apache/libexec/libphp4.so: Undefined symbol
> "ssl_onceonlyinit"

I had this too, I tried different paths to the imap c-client, but nothing
worked.
I then remembered reading something in the php doc.

"To get these functions to work, you have to compile PHP with --with-imap.
That requires the c-client library to be installed. Grab the latest version
from ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/imap/ and compile it. Then copy
c-client/c-client.a to /usr/local/lib/libc-client.a or some other directory
on your link path and copy c-client/rfc822.h, mail.h and linkage.h to
/usr/local/include or some other directory in your include path."

Copying these files around as described here and configuring PHP with
just --with-imap and --with-imap-ssl (without the paths) did the trick for
me.

René Jensen