IMP 3.0 & "+" Sign in Folder names

Chen Shiyuan csy@hjc.edu.sg
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 17:37:33 +0800

Hello,

I notice a problem when using IMP 3.0 and is not sure if it's a bug or
otherwise.

Basically, if I create a folder with a "+" as one of it's characters, IMP will
be able to create it just fine. And it also doesn't report any problems when
moving messages into this folder. I can also rename and delete the folder just
fine as well.

However, the problem arises when I try to access the folder. IMP will access
the folder and give me a "There are no messages in this mailbox. " message
instead of listing out the messages in the mailbox.

But if I were to rename the folder into something else without a "+" sign,
immediately the contents of the folder will appear. And it will disappear
immediately when I rename it back to containing a "+" sign.

I tried using PINE to connect to my IMAP server and PINE is able to show the
message listing just fine. Hence I guess it shouldn't be an issue with the
IMAP server.

I am using PHP4.1.1 on a RedHat Linux 7.2 box as well as Courier-IMAP-1.4.1
and storing emails in the Maildir/ format.

Does anyone have any idea what has gone wrong or how to solve this problem?

Many thanks in advance for any help!