[imp] 2 Problems with IMP-3.0

Conor Kerr conor@dev.ceon.net
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 20:28:37 GMT

Hi,

> - I compose an email and cannot send it......
>      "There was an error sending your message".

Sorry, I don't know about that one...

> - I open the Address book and get:
>    "Failed to connect to the specified directory".

...but I installed Turba today and got the same error as this.  It was
easy enough to fix.

Open up the file "sources.php" in the "turba/config" directory and find
the section for the loca SQL database (the first line of code after the
comments starts as "$cfgSources['localsql']...".

Enter your MySQL details in the params fields.  E.g:

        'phptype' => 'mysql',
        'hostspec' => 'localhost',
        'username' => 'horde',
        'password' => '******',
        'database' => 'horde',

You should have already set up username and password for the database
when you installed horde and you should have created the "turba_objects"
table in your MySQL database using the turba/scripts/drivers/turba.sql
file.  If you haven't then do both of those (don't forget to update the
password in the above) and that should be the end of the "Failed to
connect to the specified directory" error.

To be honest though, while I like IMP so far I am not impressed by Turba
at all.  So much so that I'm just going to write my own addressbook. :)

Hope I've been of some help anyway. :)

All the best...

Conor