IMP 3.0 +

Paul Reilly pareilly@tcd.ie
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 02:16:52 +0000 (GMT)

Hi all,

First I'd like to congratulate the development team on the release of
IMP 3.0. I've got it working on two sites now, and had zero problems
installing it from the first stage of building PHP, adding dependencies of
c-client, mysql all the way up to installing Turba. The new clear modular
install documentation is very well done, and much valued. I've reviewed
many webmail systems to use at our university and I have to say IMP 3.0
is the business! Equal to any yahoo-like webmail system and far better
than many commercial webmail offerings! The fact that it's GNU means I
can show off how much better GNU software to my colleagues. :)

So - I have a few niggling questions, which I have been unable to find
answers  for in the archives.

1) Virtual Domain Support -
   I have a single namespace but many domains. I've set
   function imp_get_vinfo ($type = 'vdomain') in /imp/conf.php
   as well as
   $conf['server']['server_list'] = true;
   $conf['server']['server_list_hidden'] = false;
   $conf['server']['change_server'] = false;

   and in servers.conf I have an entry for each of my domains.

   $servers['imap'] = array(
    'name' => 'IMAP Server',
    'server' => 'mail.unsgac.org',
    'protocol' => 'imap',
    'port' => 143,
    'folders' => 'mail/',
    'namespace' => 'unsgac.org',
    'maildomain' => 'unsgac.org',
    'smtphost' => 'localhost',
    'realm' => 'unsgac.org',
    'preferred' => ''
    );

    Each domain has a mail.domain.com address, and is accessing the same
    IMAP server (with a single namespace). However whenever I try to login
    under any of the domains now, I get a "login failed for some reason"
    error. What have I configured wrong?

2)  Login Page Alterations?

    Where do I look to edit the login page. I mean drastically - like
    moving the login form in to a table in the middle and putting banners
    on the top and images on the side?

    Also any thoughts on how I could implement a different login page
    based on vhost ? ie so each vhost can have it's own customised
    graphics on the login page?!

3)  Lastly - A suggestion for a Horde project:  with contacts, calendar,
    webmail etc horde is almost a web intranet system. Whats lacking is a
    user file manager system. Not CVS, but simple upload/download/file
    capabilities. This way it could be like yahoo groups where you have a
    web hard drive....

Thanks,

Paul