[imp] imp 3.0 showing 0 messages - using pop3 - but it does move them to cur/

Michael Østergaard Pedersen mop@itplus.dk
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 23:36:44 +0100

> The system configuration is qmail+vpopmail. Any other third party program
> such as outlook will retrieve messages just fine from the mail server, but
> when you login to imp you see the server move them from new/ to cur/ but it
> doesn't show any messages in imp. It just says you have no messages. What
> is
wrong with my installation of imp/horde? I can log into the server just
> fine
using horde's demo site for imp 3.0. Thanks!

Could you make a dump of the communication between PHP and the mail server? I have a feeling that this problem could be related to what I have posted to this list yesterday. The problem was the same, just using IMAP.

I have posted my problem to a variety of mailing lists, and I think that the problem is not related to the mail server. If you look at the communication you'll see (at least in my case) that PHP never asks the server for the messages.