[imp] Large scale webmail usage

Mike Coughlan mcoughlan@gothambroadband.com
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 11:44:19 -0500

> What do you think would be the maximum amount of 25MB mailboxes i can run
> comfortly on the following HW (IMAP cyrus store only) ?:

The Cyrus home page should really have this... This has stats on the Maildir
benchmarks.
http://www.courier-mta.org/mbox-vs-maildir/

The bottleneck is all IO, but you should consider some CPU overhead if for
scanning mail content with procmail. Good mail services include virus
checking and spam filtering. My personal evaluation found these to be the
open source leaders, and suggest you take further questions to those lists.

http://spamassassin.org
http://www.impsec.org/email-tools/procmail-security.html

It's not really a fair question - not all users are the same.