[imp] Horde / IMP w/o javascript

Liam Hoekenga liamr@umich.edu
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 16:11:53 -0500 (EST)

> I'd like to know what the reasoning is. Javascript is pretty much required for
> having a half-decent user interface; HTML forms, just by themselves, pretty
> much suck. Wanting things to work for lynx is a different matter, except that
> it's hard for me to see people _really_ wanting to use webmail from a command
> line.

I think there are a couple issues behind it...
- an anti-javascript bias held by some of my coworkers
- advanced users who javascript off for security reasons / annoyance
  reasons (don't want pop-ups, don't want to be exposed to things like the
  IE javascript/cookie bug etc)
- sites that have turned off javascript for similar reasons (the example
  given to me were the public libraries here).

Personally, I'm fine with telling people that this application should be
accessed with javascript turned on, and warning them as to what will be
non-functional if they do access w/o javascript. The request seems like
it's asking us to rewrite an application that was fully intended to be
used WITH javascript, which I think is silly.

I'm looking for information to support that, or "You could do that /but/
x, y and z".

liam