[imp] Horde / IMP w/o javascript

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 23:16:11 -0500

Quoting liamr@umich.edu:

> I've played around with NS and IE w/ JS turned off...  JS is woven throughout
> the application pretty thoroughly.  I'd asked if he thought we should focus
> more on user education (telling people what /doesn't/ work when JS is
> disabled),  or altering the application how realistic the latter is.. but
> he'd like to focus on the later.

I'd like to know what the reasoning is. Javascript is pretty much required for
having a half-decent user interface; HTML forms, just by themselves, pretty
much suck. Wanting things to work for lynx is a different matter, except that
it's hard for me to see people _really_ wanting to use webmail from a command
line.

Anywhere that we can be made non-reliant on javascript, great, but I'm really
inclined to use it in the interests of nicer UIs.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be, lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in the