[imp] IMP 3 / IE6 exposed php code

Liam Hoekenga liamr@umich.edu
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 01:25:23 -0500

> I'm using IE6, compression on, and can't reproduce it.

It happens consistantly on my home XP machine.

I got it to happen on a fresh install of WinXP on IE6 /after/ I installed
Netscape 4.98 and 6.21.  I rolled the system back to pre-netscape installation
state, and it went back to behaving normally.

I have machines I can replicate the problem on, but I'm having a hard time
determining what differences in their configuation are causing this particular
problem.

> Except that it doesn't seem to even be specific to IE6, and
> compression is good (tm).

I made a patch to add a new preferences group called "Advanced Options".  It
does two things right now - allow the user to decide whether IMP should
compress it's pages, and whether it should display the "Blacklist" UI element
when filters are enabled.

We don't want to turn page compression off across the board.  A minority of
users get the ugly piece of exposed code when they use their browser's back
button, and turning off page compression seems to fix that.  It made sense to
us, then, to allow those users to turn page compression off to correct their
problems, while leaving it alone for the rest.

the Blacklist thing?  Our helpdesk thinks people will get confused / upset if
they see "Blacklist" in the message and mailbox nav bars.  I don't get it, but
my boss told me to take it out.  Anyways, I figured some people would be able
to figure it out, and might want the functionality.

My "advanced options" patch can be found at:

    http://www.umich.edu/~liamr/horde/advanced_options.diff

Liam