[imp] v3.0, <Newbie> <Languages...>

Jeff Tucker jefft@wciatl.com
Mon, 04 Feb 2002 17:09:13 -0500

--On Friday, February 01, 2002 1:31 AM +0100 Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>
wrote:

> Reading Japanese is always possible if you browser supports the charset.
>
> Jan.

FWIW, I too have a user who is complaining about not being able to read
Japanese emails. He is using Japanese Windows and Japanese IE and is able
to browse the web, etc. in Japanese. He can forward emails out of IMP to
elsewhere and read them, but not read them in IMP. I'd be glad to get more
info from him if it would help.

Additionally, he says he's a professional translator and would be willing
to translate the into Japanese. I can forward him the stuff out of po or
wherever. Before I ask him to do that, though, is there not a Japanese
translation? I don't see one on my system.

Thanks
Jeff

--
Jeff Tucker
Williams Consulting, Inc.

>From chuck@horde.org Date: Mon,  4 Feb 2002 17:11:27 -0500
> Additionally, he says he's a professional translator and would be willing
> to translate the into Japanese. I can forward him the stuff out of po or
> wherever. Before I ask him to do that, though, is there not a Japanese
> translation? I don't see one on my system.

There has been some talk, but one hasn't surfaced. It'd great to actually have
one.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be, lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in the

>From jan@horde.org Date: Mon,  4 Feb 2002 23:16:57 +0100
> --On Friday, February 01, 2002 1:31 AM +0100 Jan Schneider
> <jan@horde.org>
> wrote:
>

> > Reading Japanese is always possible if you browser supports the
> charset.
> >
> > Jan.
> >

> FWIW, I too have a user who is complaining about not being able to read
> Japanese emails. He is using Japanese Windows and Japanese IE and is able
> to browse the web, etc. in Japanese. He can forward emails out of IMP to
> elsewhere and read them, but not read them in IMP. I'd be glad to get
> more
> info from him if it would help.

Did you read my reply on this message?

> Additionally, he says he's a professional translator and would be willing
> to translate the into Japanese. I can forward him the stuff out of po or
> wherever. Before I ask him to do that, though, is there not a Japanese
> translation? I don't see one on my system.

There were already two persons who wanted to provide a Japanese translation
but noone came back since then.

Jan.