[imp] v3.0, <Newbie> <Languages...>

Derek Chen-Becker dbecker@cpicorp.com
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 07:23:28 -0600 (CST)

Just out of curiosity, the Content-Type header isn't setting the wrong
codeset, is it? I know IMP/Horde have quite a bit of functionality for
page headers/trailers and if somewhere in there it sets
"charset=iso-8859-1" then things will certainly be wrong. Can you do a

Derek

On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, Jeff Tucker wrote:

> --On Friday, February 01, 2002 1:31 AM +0100 Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>
> wrote:
>

> > Reading Japanese is always possible if you browser supports the charset.
> >
> > Jan.
> >

> FWIW, I too have a user who is complaining about not being able to read
> Japanese emails. He is using Japanese Windows and Japanese IE and is able
> to browse the web, etc. in Japanese. He can forward emails out of IMP to
> elsewhere and read them, but not read them in IMP. I'd be glad to get more
> info from him if it would help.
>
> Additionally, he says he's a professional translator and would be willing
> to translate the into Japanese. I can forward him the stuff out of po or
> wherever. Before I ask him to do that, though, is there not a Japanese
> translation? I don't see one on my system.
>
> Thanks
> Jeff

Derek Chen-Becker
Senior Network Engineer
CPI Corp, Inc.
1706 Washington Ave
St. Louis, MO 63103
314-231-1575
dbecker@cpicorp.com
PGP Key available from public key servers
Fingerprint: 1C34 D81E D8A0 641D 6C8C  E952 3B15 693F 9184 BC58