[imp] "Save a copy in".....

Federico Giannici giannici@neomedia.it
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 17:12:09 +0000

Federico Giannici wrote:

> Anyway, it seems that there are still some inconsistences in this area.
> But this time I want to be more precise, so I'll send an email tomorrow
> because now I'm in a hurry.

I'm back!

As I already told you, we have set a global preferences value for the
"sent mail folder" (the Italian name "Inviati"). It isn't locked, so the
users can change it if they want.

So, in the compose window, the "Save a copy in" option is disabled by
default and correctly indicates the "Inviati" folder.

If the user select that option, a copy of the message is correctly saved
into the "Inviati" folder. If it doesn't exist, the folder is created.

So, everythink works as expected.

Now, if the user makes any change to it's default identity, the "Sent
mail folder" option is by default set to "None".

So, now in the Compose window the "Save a copy in" option is followed by
no folder name (the "Inviati" one is lost). Moreover, if the user select
that option, a copy of the mail is saved in the INBOX folder, even if
the user never selected that folder!

I think that, if a global preferences exists then it should be used as
default value for the "Sent mail folder" option instead of the "None"
value.

Bye,
    __
   |-                      giannici@neomedia.it