[imp] Date \"bug\" in inbox

J. J. Kannan jaggu@ddeorg.co.in
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 10:59:01 +0530

Well, just for your update.
This is a bug in php-4.0.5 thru php4.1.1. It effects two options of date.
i.e. date('O') and date('r').

While calculating the timezone the coders have missed out in calculation of the
minutes portion of the timezone. They directly dumped the seconds received from
time_t structure which is filled with  either gmtime or localtime.
Hence with timezones not having any minutes portion would function correctly.
However, any timezones with minutes would fail.
Say for example in my timezone +0530 i.e. IST it would return tz as +051800.

Hence all the confusion.
The patch that I had sent earlier works fine for me.
See if it works for anyone else.
Many issues are resolved by this.

I have implemented this on my production server (the one from which I am sending
this mail), over the weekend.

Let me know if you receive the message with correct tz. i.e.e +0530.

Thanks

jaggu