[imp] Changing password thro Webmail

Eric J Rostetter eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:07:00 -0600

Quoting harindra patel <harindra_patel@yahoo.co.in>:

> Can anybody suggest how to integrate the feature of
> changing password in the webmail for the user mail
> account created in qmail server (vpopmail-multiple
> domain).
>
> We downloaded the passwd.tgz from
> https://mail.ph.utexas.edu/test2/patches/public
>
> We installed Poppassd server from
> www.netwinsite.com/poppassd and followed its
> instructions. We have following error while testing
> the change passwd from the Web based mail.

Unless that poppassd server already supports vpopmail, then you need to
modify the poppassd server to use vpasswd instead of passwd.  At best this
is a simple change to change the path/program.  However, it may also require
changing the expected prompt strings, or even code, depending on how
different the vpasswd command is from passwd.

You'll want to make sure you do not remove the realm/domain from the user
name when configuring the passwd module for horde/imp.

If anyone out there has already done this, and can give me any pointers, I'd
be glad to add them to the module docs.  But I don't run vpopmail, so I'm
kind of in the dark as to specifics...

Eric