[imp] CRAM-MD5 problem with Horde2/IMP3 and PHP4.1.1 ..

Marc G. Fournier scrappy@hub.org
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 00:01:25 -0400 (AST)

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Mark Crispin wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > > Both imap-2001a and CRAM-MD5 authentication on Cyrus have some issues that
> > > were already discussed on the list. Check the archives for details.
> > > As a start I'd try to downgrade the c-client.
> > Can you recommend how far back to downgrade ... I tried upgrading to the
> > newest 2002 dev snapshot, but that is broken too :(  Same errors ...
>
> I am completely unaware of any imap-2001a "issues" with CRAM-MD5.
>
> I use CRAM-MD5 authentication every day.

S'alright, this is what is driving me up the wall ... I use it every day
with Pine too, but as soon as I try through PHP+IMP, it fails ... :(

I'm seriously looking at PHP being the culprit here, since its the only
time it all fails :(