[imp] RE : [imp] [RE: Web based password change (fwd)]

Eric J Rostetter eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 22:13:36 -0600

Quoting MrJacK <mrjack@fastorama.com>:

> Changing password online depend on what method you are using for
> managing your users no?
> I think it's very difficult to build a general solution.

All the horde/imp password modules (Horde1/IMP2 or Horde2/IMP3) assume
a working poppassd server.  In other words, the module itself is very
independent of the way you manage your users.  But, it assumes you already
have a (pre-existing) poppassd daemon running to do the work, and indeed
the poppassd server very much depends on what method you are using for
managing your users.

So, the module is very easy, but the issue of having a working poppassd
server is quite another matter...

I've been trying very hard to support people with their poppassd issues,
but technically that isn't my are to support, and I really am only responsible
for (if anything) the horde module (php code).

Eric Jon Rostetter
The Department of Physics
The University of Texas at Austin
Austin, Texas 78712-1081

Office:    RLM 7.126
Telephone: 512-471-5821
Email:	   eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu

"I like driving around with my two cats, especially on the
freeway.  I make them wear little hats so that I can use the
carpool lane.  Way too much time on your hands too?  Call me.
SWF, 42, 5'10", brown/blue."  -- from the book "Plain Fat
Chick Seeks Guy Who Likes Broccoli" (Gibbs Smith)