[imp] horde/imp with web.de freemail

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 15:14:21 +0100

Zitat von Tristan Koch <tr.koch@web.de>:

> Hi,
>
> I have installed horde and imp, after some work, it runs locally like
> the
> demo version, so I assume everything is setuped normally.
> The problem is, also the demo version is not working right. Althoug
> there
> is a line which tells me how many message are displayed (which is
> right),
> there are no messages! The Inbox is empty, no messages are listed.

This is fixed now in cvs.

It seems that some freemail providers only offer  restricted access to
their imap servers, probably to reduce load.

I tried with the web.de server and found out that it doesn't support
searching and sorting of mailboxes. We now get at least a list of messages
and can read them though sorting and searching doesn't work of course
because we do this on the server side not on the client side like Outlook.

Jan.