[imp] IMP Config

Nuno Branco branco@syners.org
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 02:02:19 -0000

I am still trying to install IMP and i found something that it could be
useful on the apache error logs:
[Sun Feb 17 01:58:30 2002] [notice] child pid 20736 exit signal Aborted (6)

The reason that i didn't mention this before was because i was searching
error on ther logs of the virtual server and this error appears in the
apache main error log, but undoubtly there is a relantionship with this and
my inability to login.

I also forgot to say which version i was installing.
It's IMP 3.0 on Apache 1.3.23 and PHP 4.1.1 with IMAP 2001a support.

Thanks
Nuno Branco

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nuno Branco" <branco@syners.org>
To: <imp@lists.horde.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2002 8:10 PM
Subject: [imp] IMP Config

Problem description: When i try to login the server says he's unavaiable
If i access to the site with lynx the error is "Alert: Unexpected Network
error; connection aborted" It takes about 3 seconds to show me this error.
If i access with any other browser (opera, netscape and IE) i don't get an
error but the page stops loading 3 seconds after it started.

I was having trouble with my instalation of IMP so i decided to start all
over.

In the configuration process i only changed 'servers.php' to match the
settings of my IMAP server.

On the pref.php i locked all the options that were due to maintenance. If i
do not lock this option i am able to login, but even if i say 'skip
maintenance' the server gives me the same answer.

All other conf files are exactly as they were when they came out of the
package, except HORDE conf files that i changed so i didn't have to
autenticate twice.

LOGS:
/var/log/messages doesn't say anything
Apache error log doesn't say anything
/var/log/maillog says the login was completed:
imap service init from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Feb 16 20:03:18 syners imapd[19936]: Authenticated user=teste
host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Feb 16 20:03:18 syners imapd[19936]: Command stream end of file, while
reading line user=teste host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

I tested the 'demo' on the horde site and everything is working fine with my
IMAP server.
I make the login, read my email, change folders without a problem.

Did someone had this kind of trouble before?
Any help would be apreciated...

Thanks,
Nuno Branco