IMP performance and Sizing information request

Suresh VeliVeli suresh@georgetown.edu
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 12:47:34 -0500

Hi,

We are looking at IMP to be used as our Webmail. We have successfully
installed
IMP 3.0 with Turba on Solaris 2.8 in our test environment. We are doing
IMAP/SSL.
We are also doing SSL to the web server. We are trying to understand the
performance
issues before we make it available to users. We are trying to determine
the server
configuration. Whether to run IMP on the same server(E5500) which runs
our IMAP Server
(Netscape Messaging server) or put it on a separate server.  I'm looking
for
configurations others are using and the size of population they're
supporting.

Thanks,

Suresh Veliveli
System Programmer