IMP 3.0 checking for IMAP server on LDAP

Jorge Izquierdo jizquierdo@sgi.es
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 19:12:43 +0100

Hi again. Long ago I installed quite succesfully IMP 2.2 but now I´m going to
try with teh 3.0 version. In my old installation I had to debug some code to
achieve the goal of obtaining the information of the IMAP server for each user
from an LDAP request. I would like to know if there is an easier way to do
this in the new version.

The way I proceeded was to edit the compose.php3 file when obtaining the value
for the php variable which specified the IMAP server. In this moment I made an
LDAP search of an attribute of the entry in the LDAP for the user authentified
to get the IMAP server for that user and assign this value to the varible used
to bind with the IMAP server. Is this the way I should proceed now? Is there
anyone who has already performed this task and could help me? Is there any
easier way to do this 8without any extra input by the user, only an LDAP
search)?

Thanks for your help and see you

Jorge Izquierdo Alonso
e-mail: jizquierdo@sgi.es