3.0 and mysql 3.22 no go

jose@iteso.mx jose@iteso.mx
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 00:44:04 -0600 (CST)

Hi all

 I'm using MySQL 3.22.32

 When running the sql scripts in horde,
 the horde_prefs needs : primary key (pref_uid, pref_scope, pref_name)
 but MySQL complains with:

 ERROR 1071: Specified key was too long. Max key length is 256

 I created the table with a primary key of only pref_uid anyway to see if
 I could get away with this limitation, but when activating 'sql' preferences
 in horde, IMP just states session terminated and does not allow logins.

 If I create the table with primary key (pref_scope, pref_name) only MySQL
 does not complain.

 Can I reduce the size of pref_uid? is there a workaround? I would'nt
 like to
 'upgrade'  MySQL to a different version if possible...

 This is what 'should' be created:
 CREATE TABLE horde_prefs (
     pref_uid        char(255) not null,
     pref_scope      char(16) not null default '',
     pref_name       char(32) not null,
     pref_value      text null,
     primary key (pref_uid, pref_scope, pref_name)
      );

              Jose