[imp] unwanted backslashes surrounding a users name.

McDermott, Robert C rmcdermo@fhcrc.org
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 13:12:36 -0800

I am running IMP 3.0, Horde 2.0, Turba, with PHP 4.0.6, MySQL 3.23, recent
PEAR on RedHat 7.2.

I noticed sometimes if I use the address book to send a message, or expand
names from the address book it, I end up with the name surrounded by
backslashes. like this:

	\"Bill Gates W.\" <billg@megasoft.com>

Then after a spell check is completed and I return to the message it has
allot of unwanted backslashes surrounding the users name. Like this:

	\\\\\\\"Bill Gates W.\\\\\\\" <billg@megasoft.com>

The message still goes out without error, but I want to stop this.

Has anyone dealt with this issue before? And if so how was it corrected.

Thank you very much,

-Robert

Robert McDermott
System Administrator