Active Sessions table.

Christopher Crowley ccrowley@tulane.edu
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 11:10:03 -0600

Hello -

I am interested in determining the status of a session in the active
sessions table. Specifically, if the user is still logged on for IMP 2.2.7
using MySQL.

I would like some more information on the "Value" field in the active
sessions table. Presumably, this field contains the status information in
the active sessions table. What is the method for parsing the "Value" field
so that I can use its information to determine if a session has been
inactive since the changed date?

If someone could point me to a document which explains when the
active_sessions table is updated, I would be very appreciative.  It seems to
me that currently the "Changed" value is only updated at login or at logout.
But., without a method for determining the logged in / logged out status, I
cannot purge inactive sessions from the table on an continual basis.

I would also like to know if IMP 3.0 uses the same scheme of active_session
update as IMP 2.2.7.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Chris Crowley