[imp] IMP 3.0 checking for IMAP server on LDAP

Jorge Izquierdo jizquierdo@sgi.es
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 13:23:03 +0100

Hello everybody.

I´ve looked up in your URL, very funny. Let´s see if I have learned enough to obtain an
answer to my question:

I hope not to disturb anybody but I have some problems with my webmail IMP installation
and I´ll be very pleased if anyone could help me. I´m trying to obtain the IMAP server
to connect from IMP with an LDAP session. I would like my IMP to do an ldapsearch to my
LDAP server and looking for an attribute that shows the IMAP server for the user is
trying to log in.

I achieved this behavior with the 2.2 version of IMP editing the mailbox.php file  to
set up the variable of the imap server. Is there eany way on doing this in the new
version? Is it valid the same solution? I don´t want the IMAP server to obtain this
functionality (I know it´s possible with qmail-ldap cluster support), I would like to do
it from the PHP code of IMP.

I hope you understand what i´m trying to configure, this is the best way I can explain
it in english.

Thank you for your attention

Jorge