[imp] Bug creating sent mail folder

Adam Arrowood adam@oit.gatech.edu
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 17:50:02 -0500

Jeff Tucker wrote:

> seems to store the sent mail folder wrong in the preferences.]
>

> --On Wednesday, February 27, 2002 1:04 PM +0100 Jan Schneider
> <jan@horde.org> wrote:
>

>> Can you verify this by looking at the identities entry in you prefs
>> table?  It should store all the folders without folder prefixes and
>> namespaces.
>>
>> Jan.
>>

> Sure, here's a little snippet out of the horde prefs table for my
> preferences. The line is quite long, of course, so I just grabbed a
> piece out of the middle:
>
> ;s:16:"sent_mail_folder";s:14:"INBOX.Sent-WCI";s:11:
>
> I believe that "INBOX" isn't supposed to be there, right?
>
> Sorry, if I were a PHP guru I'd just fix this myself and send you the
> patch. I'm guessing it's a simple problem.
>
> Jeff

I will second his observation... I'm having the same problem. We use Cyrus as the back-end

imap server, and my folders are all under INBOX (e.g. INBOX.foo, INBOX.bar).

It doesn't matter what I set my Folder preference to (empty, INBOX, INBOX. ) I still get my
sent mail and draft folders created under a new INBOX folder... i.e. if I tell imp to save my
mail in 'Sent', it will create a INBOX.INBOX.Sent folder.

My prefs show the same thing as Jeff's... that the sent_mail_folder contains
"INBOX.Sent" (in my case).

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated, as we are currently using the older version of
imp and won't roll out 3.0 until we can get all our issues fixed...

Thanks,
adam arrowood
adam@oit.gatech.edu

--