help with session configuration

Tim Saunders t.saunders@sfbarpilots.com
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 17:11:48 -0800

I am new to this and would greatly appreciate some assistance with the
configuration of the session section of php.ini.  Hear is what I have so
far.  Thanks in advance.

[Session]

; Handler used to store/retrieve data.

session.save_handler = files

; Argument passed to save_handler.  In the case of files, this is the
path

; where data files are stored. Note: Windows users have to change this

; variable in order to use PHP's session functions.

session.save_path = E:\Inetpub\wwwroot\php\sessiondata

; Whether to use cookies.

session.use_cookies = 1

; Name of the session (used as cookie name).

session.name = HORDE

; Initialize session on request startup.

session.auto_start = 0

; Lifetime in seconds of cookie or, if 0, until browser is restarted.

session.cookie_lifetime = 240

; The path for which the cookie is valid.

session.cookie_path = /

; The domain for which the cookie is valid.

session.cookie_domain =

; Handler used to serialize data.  php is the standard serializer of
PHP.

session.serialize_handler = php

; Percentual probability that the 'garbage collection' process is
started

; on every session initialization.

session.gc_probability = 1

; After this number of seconds, stored data will be seen as 'garbage'
and

; cleaned up by the garbage collection process.

session.gc_maxlifetime = 1440

; Check HTTP Referer to invalidate externally stored URLs containing
ids.

session.referer_check =

; How many bytes to read from the file.

session.entropy_length = 0

; Specified here to create the session id.

;session.entropy_file =

;session.entropy_length = 16

;session.entropy_file = /dev/urandom

; Set to {nocache,private,public} to determine HTTP caching aspects.

session.cache_limiter = nocache

; Document expires after n minutes.

session.cache_expire = 180

; use transient sid support if enabled by compiling with
--enable-trans-sid.

session.use_trans_sid = 1

url_rewriter.tags =
"a=href,area=href,frame=src,input=src,form=fakeentry"