Setting Session expiration in IMP 3.0

Walter R. Moore moorewr@eckerd.edu
Wed, 06 Mar 2002 09:06:51 -0500

I have searched the mailing list for this, as I know it is a FAQ, but it
doesn't seem to have a clear Frequent Answer:

I have users complaining that IMP 3.0 sessions expire "too quickly." I
am pretty sure that these users are leaving the broswer idle for an hour
or more. New mail checking is turned on so the page does reload itself
every 15 minutes. These are folks are as usual "VIPs" I need to appease,
so...

What exactly do I do to change this parameter, and is the fix in php.ini
or in horde? I have a "stock" php.ini with...

session.gc_maxlifetime    = 1440

System stuff:

Redhat 7.2
apache-1.3.20-16
postgresql-7.1.3-2
php-4.0.6-12
Horde 2.0
IMP 3.0
Turba 1.0

Thanks,
-Walter Moore

Walter R. Moore --  System Administrator, Eckerd College
moorewr@eckerd.edu --  http://home.eckerd.edu/~moorewr

"It was glorious to see -- if your heart were iron,
And you could keep from grieving at all the pain" - The Iliad (13.355)