[imp] Trying to get a working IMP

Dieter Rothacker dr-tech@web.de
Fri, 08 Mar 2002 00:13:26 +0100

At 20:37 07.03.2002 +0000, you wrote:
>I'm trying to get IMP working with my Cyrus IMAP installation.  I've got
>Cyrus running only the SSL IMAP port (993) and I can't get past the
>login prompt for IMP.  I think there is an encryption problem because
>even though mcrypt is installed it is showing up as unsupported on the
>horde/test.php page.

It will more likely depend on the version of PHP and your cclient-library
(needed for PHP-imap).

I have php-4.1.2 and cclient-2001a:
- UW-Imapd can be reached flawlessly with 143 (nossl), 143(starttls), 993(ssl)
- Cyrus completely refuses to connect on either port.

In addition you should make sure you have the right settings in your
server.conf.

--
Dieter Rothacker