LDAP in IMP

ddm@ruc.dk ddm@ruc.dk
Fri, 08 Mar 2002 08:54:48 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

Two questions concerning the use of LDAP in IMP.

Using IMP 2.2.6, we would like to use LDAP not only for LDAP search
in the "Contacts" section. We configured IMP as mentioned in the Horde/IMP
FAQ to enable LDAP search in the "Contacts". It works but we have a small
problem: our LDAP datas make use of the Danish characters and when displaying
search results, the Danish letters æ,ø.å are not displayed correctly. I had
a look around to try to fix that problem but I can't figure where to look
exactly. Is it a problem regarding LDAP or can we change the character set
used to display LDAP search results somewhere? I guess it is a question for
other IMP's Danish users...

Secondo. We would like to make use of LDAP also when new messages arrive
to display for example the full name of the sender, etc. As far I could
see in the FAQ, LDAP seems to me to be only supported in the "Contacts" section.
Is that correct? If not, how can we configure Horde/IMP to make use of LDAP
to display full names when messages arrive? Where could we find some kind of
FAQ?

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

David

David De Maeyer
Roskilde University Center
Computer Science Department
Box 260, Hus 42.1
4000 Roskilde
Denmark
voice (+45) 46 74 38 29 fax (+45) 46 74 30 72