IPlanet LDAP conformamce (simply LDAP conformamce)

HAHN Nicolas n_hahn@yahoo.com
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 17:25:23 +0100 (CET)

Hi guys :-)

Following the mail I've written early today - it was about a problem to
register the attributes in an Iplanet LDAP server, because preference
attributes of Horde / Imap contain underscores (_) which is forbidden
in LDAP - I've modified the file lib/Prefs/ldap.php.

The modification simply replace all _ by 0 just before the attributes
are sent to the LDAP server in the function store($prefs = array()).
Also, I've modified the function retrieve($prefs = array()) to replace
all 0 from attributes read from the LDAP server by _ again.

By this way, absolutely nothing else needs to be change in the other
source files (normally ! I hope !), like modification of all variable
names which contain underscores, and which are stored as attributes in
the LDAP server.

I just have to test this to be sure it works with my LDAP server but as
far as I know, it shouldn't be a problem.

Note that this is a correction I just did for me: I think I will wait a
correction from the Horde team :-)

=====
Nicolas HAHN, ICQ: 51593394
System/Network administrator & webmaster
UNIX / LINUX engineer