migration problems from 2.2 to 3.0

Werner Reisberger werner@pure.ch
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 13:39:15 +0100

The migration from imp 2.2.x to imp 3.0 created a couples of problems for
me. The most urgent are:

a) Sometimes a selection of a folder causes the browser to display a window
   for saving mailbox.php instead of the folder with the messages.
   Selecting the folder a second time brings the right behaviour.
   I have the right mime types for .php and php3 in apache conf.

b) I don't know how to reuse my former addressbook and pref tables (pgsql).
   I modified the imp2horde.pl script in imp/scripts/ for use with postgres
   and transfered the data to horde_prefs but in imp itself the data (e.g.
   my sig is not available).
   Do I have to install turba to use the addressbook feature or is it
   possible for imp3 to access the db tables as imp2.2?

c) In the compose window all the text is english but the From field
   is filled with french ("Identite par defaut"). Since the pref table is not
   working for me I can choose no from address.

d) When I first managed to start imp3 most of the text in the mailbox
   window wasn't readable. I had to remove from all the font-size
   declarations in horde/config/html.php the "px" suffix to get a readable
   screen. Do I miss some font's or do I have to upgrade my browser?
   With imp 2.2.3 I didn't had this problem.

Some more problems are minor. The pgsql tables definitions for categories.sql
and prefs.sql in horde 2.0 are broken (null instead of "not null").

I am sorry but imp 3.0 looks to me at first glance more like a beta than a
stable version as announced. Anyhow I will stay with this version and try
to fix what I can.

 Werner