[imp] Improper password escapes

Iain McBride imcbride@imajica.org
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 12:10:07 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> > I searched the mailing list archives and saw that there was a similar
> > problem with trailing spaces that has been fixed in the RELENG_3 branch in
> > CVS, which I checked out with no success.
>
> This works fine here. Can you be more detailed about your lack of success with
> RELENG_3?

Using a single quote in the password of a user works just fine for you?  Hrm.

I don't know how to be any more detailed than that and snoops of the POP3
exchange between the web client and the POP3 server.  I've documented that
a user with a single quote in their username is unable to authenticate via
POP3 or IMAP, due to the single quote being escaped in their password.

a user configured:
username: test
password: test'test

causes IMP to attempt to auth them as: