[imp] Realm and change_server: bug or feature?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 14:38:22 -0500

Quoting Fritz Zaucker <zaucker@ee.ethz.ch>:

> as far as Horde is concerned we have the same username (smith) and share
> Preferences and Addressbook. Correct?

Correct.

> In IMP 2.x the server name was added to the userid automatically. This is
> not the case in IMP 3.0. Is there a reason for this design change? What am I
> missing?

If hostnames changed, there was a huge mess. And a lot of people just don't
need this.

> I realize that the realm tag in the server list definition was added to deal
> with this situation, but that doesn't help if using a change_server setup.

You can use the vinfo hook to take care of this.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"A dream which helps you to live your reality with dignity