idea to store personnal address book in LDAP

HAHN Nicolas n_hahn@yahoo.com
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 12:05:02 +0100 (CET)

hi again :-)

I need to store personnal address books in LDAP.

My LDAP server DIT is:

dc=domain,dc=org
 /
 +People
   /
   /uid=mickey
   /uid=donald
   /
 +PAB
  /ou=mickey
    /uid=mickey-contact1
    /uid=mickey-contact2
    /uid=mickey-contact3
    /uid=mickey-contact4
  /ou=donald
    /uid=donald-contact1
    /uid=donald-contact2
    /uid=donald-contact3

I need for each user to
 1/ search in People with a directory lookup (ok with definition in
sources.php)
 2/ search and manage personnal entries with a directory action. This
Personal address Book must be only managed by the user him/her self.

I am Ok on the Directory side for granted accesses and object creation

My questions are:

1/ I want to dynamize the turba/config/sources.php to include one entry
according the following example

    'title' => 'LDAP PERSONAL ADDRESS BOOK',
    'type' => 'ldap',
    'params' => array(
        'server' => 'ldap.domain.org',
        'port' => 389,
//        'root' => 'ou=People,dc=domain,dc=org',       // original
        'root' => 'ou=' . $User.uid . ',ou=PAB,dc=domain,dc=org',    //
modified
-----------------------------^
-----------------------------name of your php current user variable

//        'bind_dn' => 'cn=admin,ou=users,dc=domain,dc=org',
//        'bind_password' => '********',
//        'dn' => array('cn'),
//        'objectclass' => 'person'

2/ How to define the entry default objectclasse (person) ?

3/ How to construct a DN of this entry using random uid to ensure
unique uid? Of course, the lookup criteria must not contain uid....

Regards :)

=====
Nicolas HAHN, ICQ: 51593394
System/Network administrator & webmaster
UNIX / LINUX engineer