[imp] IMP / Horde and transparant session id's

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 12:12:20 +0100

Zitat von m.o.tigchelaar@kpn.com:

> Hi,
>
> As you all probably know, PHP supports the use of transparent session
> id's
> (--enable-trans-sid compile option). However, it seems that IMP 3.1 and
> Horde 2.1 do NOT support this; I had to disable this functionality via
> the
> php.ini file to prevent various errors related to setting the sid
> (session
> id) from within the php scripts.
>
> Is this a known problem or am I doing something wrong?

It is. Transparent sessions are not very reliable in PHP and that's why we
don't rely on them if they are turned on. This may cause some problems with
our own session ids, so turning this off in the Horde directory is a good
idea.

Jan.