[imp] a new idea about compose

Mathieu CLABAUT mathieu.clabaut@free.fr
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 08:26:27 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, [big5] David Chang wrote:

> After reveived a forward mail ,there are many ">"
>    Is it possible in compose window,add a new function
> to remove all the ">" characters ?

  This and other text manipulation (like reformatting, ...) are
  traditionnaly done by a text editor (I mean vi or emacs or other
  *edit).

  Shouldn't there be a mean to use a different editor than html text
  widget. I mean that every browser is able to open an application when
  receiving a file (if mime association are good). Isn't it possible to
  send the file to the browser, which open it with a text editor
  (chosen by user in configuring mime association) and then to upload
  back the text to the server, once edition is done ?

  Don't know how it is doable, but it would be a nice feature, because
  my favorite text editor has much more facilities to compose mail body
  than HTML widgets would ever have....

  -my 2 euro cents

Mathieu CLABAUT                            mailto:mathieu.clabaut@free.fr
DIGINEXT                                     http://mathieu.clabaut.free.fr
45, impasse de la draille, P.A. La Duranne,   tel: 04 42 90 82 91
13857 Aix En Provence - cedex 3               fax: 04 42 90 82 80