[imp] Mailbox empty + SSL + Internet Explorer

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 10:00:11 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Alfonso Castro Martínez <alfonso@udc.es> wrote:

> I am using PHP 4.1.2, IMP 3.0 RELENG_3, HORDE 2.0 RELENG_2, TURBA 1.0
> RELENG_1, Apache 1.3.23 and mod_ssl-2.8.7-1.3.23. The communication with
> the mail server is with POP3.
>
> When an user has the mailbox empty, IMP shows a blank page. This problem
> ocurrs only in Internet Explorer; Netscape and Opera work correctly. And
> only if the connection is with SSL,

I've had scattered reports here of the "blank screen" or "white screen"
with IE (and sometimes other browsers) since we deployed IMP 3.0, but it's
never been consistently reproducible enough for me to troubleshoot
further.  I just did a test with an empty mailbox with IE 5.5 and IE 6
using SSL, and they both worked fine.

(We're using IMAP, so I don't know if we're seeing the same problem.)

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org> N0BJN       / OPN: #horde