[imp] Show users quota on mailbox view! How?

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 11:29:54 -0600

Quoting Joshua E Warchol <jwarchol@dsl.net>:

> > Imap 4.7 (imap-4.7c2-1cl.rpm)
> > IMAP Toolkit Environment
> > University of Washington
> >      Mark Crispin
> >
> > Is there some problem with this version to use IMP mailbox quota??

That version does not support the GETQUOTA command, and hence will not
work with the supplied quota routines...

> I've not used this version myself. At issue is this server's support
> for the GETQUOTA command.

WU-imap 4.7 very definately does not support it.

> Can anyone on the list give more insight into this server?

No quota support for this server.  But, I've have rigged quota support
into this server.  If the list wants details I can give them, but
it requires a server without logins (or no desire to keep your quotas
private), a very minor code change to the system's quota command,
and setting the quota command suid.  Not for the faint of heart by
any means...  But I did do this successfully for someone who really
wanted it...

--
Eric Jon Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Office:    RLM 7.126
Telephone: 512-471-5821
Email:     eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu

Fragen Sie nicht was Ihre Kumputer tun koennen,
aber fragen Sie was Sie fur Ihre Kumputer koennen.