charset of composed messages

Wenzhuo Zhang wenzhuo@zhmail.com
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 17:10:55 +0800

Hi,

I installed horde-2.0 and imp-3.0 in my mail server and it's been
running for two months or so. Aside from the login language problem
which has been discussed in the list and fixed in imp-3.1-rc1, I noticed
a problem in charset encoding of outgoing messages. If the preferred
language is set to en_US, the charset of composed messages is
unconditionally set to ISO-8859-1, no matter what charset the text is
actually written in; and if it's set to zh_CN, the charset is GB2312. Is
it possible to let IMP decide the appropriate charset according to the
browser settings, or according to the actual text of the written
message, as with the send_charset option in mutt?

--
Wenzhuo
  GnuPG Key ID 0xBA586A68