Questions about IMP

Kevin Everts kme19@yahoo.com
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 22:41:03 -0500

I want to setup an email server at home, and I was looking at using IMP,
but I have some questions first.

Can I setup IMP to be a POP3 and IMAP mailserver?  If so, what all do I
need to do?

What kind of addon's are there for IMP?  I've looked at SquirrelMail and
it has a lot of addon's but it looks hard to configure.

Can IMP be setup to check other email servers and download mail from
them?

Here is what I was hoping to do.  I want to have all of my Yahoo and
school mail downloaded to IMP automatically, then use IMAP on my desktop
to connect to IMP and read my mail.  Then use POP3 on my laptop while
away from home to get my email.  Is this configuration possible?  Is so,
what all do I need to do, and is there a good tutorial for it?

Thanks,
Kevin