[imp] Questions about IMP

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 23:36:16 -0500

On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 10:41:03PM -0500, Kevin Everts wrote:

> Can I setup IMP to be a POP3 and IMAP mailserver?  If so, what
> all do I need to do?

IMP is not a mail server; it is a mail client.  IMP can work with
both POP3 and IMAP servers.

> What kind of addon's are there for IMP?  I've looked at
> SquirrelMail and it has a lot of addon's but it looks hard to
> configure.

IMP does not really support the notion of add-ons.  It can
interact with other Horde applications, however, such as Turba
(the addressbook manager).

> Can IMP be setup to check other email servers and download mail
> from them?

No, not currently.

> Here is what I was hoping to do.  I want to have all of my
> Yahoo and school mail downloaded to IMP automatically, then use
> IMAP on my desktop to connect to IMP and read my mail.  Then
> use POP3 on my laptop while away from home to get my email.  Is
> this configuration possible?  Is so, what all do I need to do,
> and is there a good tutorial for it?

I think you've got a lot more reading and research to do. =)

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Information Technology (2001)