[imp] Gettext 0.10.40 not working !

Robert Sink sinkr@cbl.umces.edu
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 13:49:55 -0500

For what its worth, I was able to get GNU Gettext support to work by
following the model of the GNU utilities that offer the
--with-included-gettext configure option.

I _really_ wanted to utilize GNU's gettext functionality over
Solaris's, so that was the driving impetus for me to attempt this
approach.  This also saved me from having to go back to the install CD
and add in all of the language support to a number of my machines.

I can provide more detail, however look at how most of the GNU
utilities implement the --with-included-gettext functionality.
(They simply link each binary with the necessary libintl .o files..)

This was, of course, on Solaris 8/SPARC.

Maybe someone should put a bug in PHP developers about adding a
similar set of functionality into their distribution?