[imp] Once again, a job well done! (kudos and tips)

Darien M. Kruss darien@kruss.com
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 09:20:44 -0600

At 12:28 +0100 03/21/2002, Nicolas Foucou wrote:
>Hi Darien,
>
>Thank a lot and really I've make a install.sh script myself , with all
>that you give me there, last week.
>
>I would give the same to the list but when I check my conf, I observ my
>gettext problem.

In the Apache Compile HOWTO
(http://www.delouw.ch/linux/apache.phtml), these instructions worked
for me. Note specifically the use of 'make check' instead of the
commonly used 'make test' and also the requirement of running
ldconfig afterward.

gettext
What is gettext: gettext is a library for i18n (Internationalization,
"I", 18 chars and "n") of software, and needed by php
Download the source

Origin-Site: ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gettext (select a mirror close to you)

Building and installing

cd /usr/local
tar -xvzf gettext-0.10.40.tar.gz
cd gettext-0.10.40